Extra! Extra! The Musical Auditions
CAST SIZE: The number and identities of characters are flexible.
Director: Mitch W. Butts
• Friday, April 7 @ 6 p.m.
• Saturday, April 8 @ 10 a.m.
• Callbacks (if needed), Tuesday, April 11 @ 6 p.m.
I am looking to cast about 15 actors of various ages. Roles call for the casting of various ages; I need ages 16 – 70…(although, anyone can audition…who knows…you might get a part.
All roles are available.
I need a pianist. The position is paid.
This is a musical, so I will need to hear actors sing; however, most of the songs are sung in groups. You do not have to be a great singer…or even a good singer. I’m looking for characters.
This show also includes movement during most songs. You don’t have to be a great dancer, just able to move around freely.
“Extra! Extra!” features monologues about struggling actors who just need that one break. Everyone will have a monologue…but most will feature additional actors filling various roles for the speaker. This play is not like anything you’ve ever done before.
A few specifics I need are:
• A male (preferably) who plays guitar and sings (soft country style)
• Two females very similar in appearance
For auditions, prepare:
• A short story about yourself and something that happened to you (funny, light-hearted…maybe even a little sad.) You can tell me about a time you tried and failed; a time you expected something to happen, and it didn’t; a time when something unexpected happened; your first crush; your first kiss, etc.
• Be prepared to do some simple stage movement.
• Be prepared to sing a few lines from a song. Don’t try to impress me by singing something with notes you cannot hit. Keep it simple and sing what best suits your voice.
Again…I’m not looking for everyone to be a great vocalist. If you are, great. If you’re not, then it’s fine also.
• Sides will be provided.
Contact Mitch Butts at email@example.com for more info.
Main Stage production
Must be available for all shows.
Thursday, June 22 @ 7:30
Friday, June 23 @ 7:30
Saturday, June 24 @ 7:30
Sunday, June 25 @ 2:00
Thursday, June 29 @ 7:30
Friday, June 30 @ 7:30
Saturday, July 1 @ 2 & 7:30